Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 5- to 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
- 2 ounces crumbled Feta
- 4 tablespoons black-olive tapenade or paste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup store-bought fresh salsa
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach
- 1 large lemon
- 4 tablespoons capers packed in liquid (optional)
- Heat oven to 375° F. Cut a 2-inch pocket in the thickest part of each chicken-breast half.
- In a small bowl, combine the Feta and tapenade, then stuff a quarter of the mixture into each pocket.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium to high heat. Season the chicken with pepper. Add to skillet and cook 2 minutes per side or until brown.
- Transfer the chicken to an oven-safe baking dish that has been drizzled with 1 tablespoon oil. Bake for 18 minutes.
- When the chicken is 5 minutes from being finished, put the salsa and remaining tablespoon oil in the skillet and heat through.
- Add the spinach and cook until slightly wilted. Slice the chicken and serve with a squeeze of lemon juice, capers (if desired), and spinach on the side.
- Per Serving
- Calories 352Calories From Fat 54%
- Calcium 129mg
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Cholesterol 99mg
- Fat 21g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 35mg
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 521mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .