- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pocketless pitas
- 3/4 cup store-bought hummus
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Form the beef into 16 ½-inch-thick patties and season with the oregano, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the patties, 2 minutes per side for medium.
- Top the pitas with the hummus, patties, onion, and parsley. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil and serve with the lemon wedges.