- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 head small green cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- hot sauce (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in beef, parsley, tomato paste, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Fill each tortilla with the meat mixture, cabbage, tomatoes, and cilantro. Serve with the hot sauce, if desired.