- 1 1/4 pounds ground pork
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup currants or chopped raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, leaves cut into 2-inch strips (about 12 cups)
- 1 small baguette, sliced
- Heat broiler. In a large bowl, combine the pork, pine nuts, currants, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Form the mixture into 20 walnut-size meatballs and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil, turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the garlic, stirring, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chard, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing, until wilted. Serve with the meatballs and bread.