- 4 sheets lightly-salted matzo, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place matzo in a colander and rinse with warm water for about 1 minute, until it is soft but not soggy.
- Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl. Stir in moistened matzo pieces.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the egg mixture, pressing it into a flat, even layer with a rubber spatula. Let mixture cook, undisturbed, until golden and set, about 6 minutes.
- Invert a plate over the pan, flip the pancake onto the plate, then use a spatula to slide the pancake back into the pan with the set side facing up. Continue cooking until the underside is set and golden.
- Lift pancake from the skillet and slice into wedges.