Mashed Sour Cream and Scallion Potatoes
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 10 large Idaho potatoes (7 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 7 scallions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a large pot and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes and garlic and return to the pot.
- Add the sour cream, milk, and butter and mash with a potato masher. Add scallions and stir gently to combine well. Season
to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- Per Serving
- Calories 413
- Calcium 89mg
- Carbohydrate 73g
- Cholesterol 27mg
- Fat 11g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 9mg
- Sat Fat 6g
- Sodium 43mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The mashed potatoes can be made and left at room temperature up to 2 hours in advance or refrigerated up to 1 day in advance. Reheat in a large saucepan, covered, adding milk as necessary to adjust the consistency.