Mashed Red Bliss Potatoes
Serves 6-8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 5 pounds medium Red Bliss potatoes
- kosher salt and pepper
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and add 2 1/2 tablespoons salt. Reduce heat and simmer until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and return to the pot.
- Add the butter, buttermilk, cream, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Mash the potatoes with a handheld masher. Fold in the chives. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Per Serving
- Calories 341Calories From Fat 40%
- Fat 15g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 40mg
- Sodium 163mg
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 7g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .