Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, finely chopped (3 cups)
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Fill a large saucepan with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket. Bring the water to a boil. Place the broccoli and potatoes in the basket, cover, and steam until very tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables well and return them to the pot. Add the sour cream, butter, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and mash to desired consistency.
- Per Serving
- Calories 237
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 40mg
- Sodium 266mg
- Protein 4g
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 48mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For a decadent touch, add in ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese with the sour cream and butter.