- 1/2 bunch broccoli, finely chopped (3 cups)
- 1pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1/4cup sour cream
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Fill a large saucepan with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket. Bring the water to a boil. Place the broccoli and potatoes in the basket, cover, and steam until very tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables well and return them to the pot. Add the sour cream, butter, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and mash to desired consistency.