8-10| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 8 russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Add 1/2 tablespoon of the salt and bring to a boil. Cook uncovered until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain well.
- Mash the potatoes in a mixing bowl. Add the butter, milk, whipping cream, white pepper, nutmeg, and the remaining salt. Cover and keep warm in a double boiler until ready to serve.
- Per Serving
- Calories 275Calories From Fat 59%
- Calcium 45mg
- Carbohydrate 26g
- Cholesterol 56mg
- Fat 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 0mg
- Protein 3mg
- Sat Fat 11g
- Sodium 395mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
As with produce, take eggs and milk from the back of the case; older merchandise tends to be pushed forward.