Serves 1| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 ounces gin (Beefeater, Tanqueray, or Bombay Sapphire—something around 94 proof)
- 1/2 ounce Noilly Prat dry white vermouth
- Chill a martini glass in the freezer for at least 5 minutes.
- Pour the gin and vermouth into a stainless-steel cocktail shaker or a chilled tumbler.
- Place 8 to 10 ice cubes in the shaker or tumbler, stir vigorously for about 20 seconds with a long-handled spoon, and strain into the chilled martini glass.
- How you finish off the martini is a matter of taste. A twist is the classiest way to go and yields the cleanest-tasting drink. An olive is the traditional garnish, and it looks cool. Take your pick.
- Per Serving
- Calories 216Calories From Fat 0%
- Calcium 1mg
- Carbohydrate 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Protein 0mg
- Sat Fat 0g
- Sodium 2mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .