Linguine With Marinara and Mussels
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden but not browned, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices, red pepper, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer (crushing the whole tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon) until the sauce thickens slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Add the mussels, cover, and cook until they open, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove and discard any that don’t open.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to the package directions. Add the linguine and parsley to the sauce and toss.
- Per Serving
- Calories 606Calories From Fat 12%
- Fat 8g
- Sat Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 43mg
- Sodium 1,222mg
- Carbohydrate 106g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 29g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Store fresh mussels (live or shucked) in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.