Linguine With Marinara Sauce
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden but not browned, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices, red pepper, oregano, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer (crushing the whole tomatoes, if using, with the back of a wooden spoon) until the sauce thickens slightly, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to the package directions. Drain and divide among plates. Spoon the sauce over the top.
- Per Serving
- Calories 495Calories From Fat 9%
- Fat 5g
- Sat Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 629mg
- Carbohydrate 94g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 18g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The marinara sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 3 months.