Maple-Roasted Chicken With Sweet Potatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry. Arrange the chicken, onion, and sweet potatoes in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Drizzle the oil over the chicken and vegetables and season with the salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Drizzle with the maple syrup and top with the sprigs of thyme.
- Roast, stirring the vegetables once, until the chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour, 15 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 625.18Calories From Fat 49%
- Calcium 59.39mg
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Cholesterol 222.91mg
- Fat 34.5g
- Fiber 1.41g
- Iron 3.98mg
- Protein 56.66mg
- Sat Fat 8.64g
- Sodium 457.81mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .