Maple-Glazed Salmon With Pineapple
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Whisk together the maple syrup and mustard in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat broiler. Place the salmon in a foil-lined 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Cut the pineapple lengthwise into quarters, then cut each quarter into ½-inch-thick triangles. Scatter the pineapple and jalapeño around the salmon.
- Brush the salmon with the syrup mixture and broil for 5 to 7 minutes or until it flakes easily and is the same color throughout.
- Serve the salmon and pineapple with the rice and drizzle with the remaining glaze, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 557.83Calories From Fat 32%
- Calcium 74.88mg
- Carbohydrate 57.76g
- Cholesterol 100.36mg
- Fat 19.54g
- Fiber 1.4g
- Iron 2.51mg
- Protein 36.86mg
- Sat Fat 3.83g
- Sodium 714.86mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For an easy dessert, slice leftover pineapple, brush it with maple syrup, and broil until it bubbles. Serve with ice cream.