- 1 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Whisk together the maple syrup and mustard in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat broiler. Place the salmon in a foil-lined 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Cut the pineapple lengthwise into quarters, then cut each quarter into ½-inch-thick triangles. Scatter the pineapple and jalapeño around the salmon.
- Brush the salmon with the syrup mixture and broil for 5 to 7 minutes or until it flakes easily and is the same color throughout.
- Serve the salmon and pineapple with the rice and drizzle with the remaining glaze, if desired.