Serves 20| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 bone-in cured and smoked country ham (about 8 pounds)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- biscuits (store-bought or homemade), for serving
- assorted mustards and fruit chutneys, for serving
- Heat oven to 350° F. Trim the ham, leaving a ½-inch-thick layer of fat. Place the ham in a roasting pan, cover with foil, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, brown sugar, cayenne, and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Uncover the ham and bake, brushing twice with the glaze, until heated through (internal temperature registers 140° F), 35 to 40 minutes more. Slice and serve with the biscuits, mustards, and chutneys.
- Per Serving
- Calories 296
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 111mg
- Sodium 1,477mg
- Protein 40g
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 20mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .