Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 pounds carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- kosher salt and black pepper
- In a large skillet, combine the carrots, syrup, butter, 1/3 cup water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring once, until the carrots are tender and the liquid has reduced to a glaze, 12 to 15 minutes. (If the carrots are tender before the liquid has thickened, uncover, increase heat to medium-high, and cook until the liquid forms a glaze.)
- Per Serving
- Calories 113Calories From Fat 25%
- Fat 3g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 8mg
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Sodium 226mg
- Protein 1g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 13g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If pressed for time, use packages of presliced vegetables found at most supermarkets.