- 3 pounds carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- kosher salt and black pepper
- In a large skillet, combine the carrots, syrup, butter, 1/3 cup water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring once, until the carrots are tender and the liquid has reduced to a glaze, 12 to 15 minutes. (If the carrots are tender before the liquid has thickened, uncover, increase heat to medium-high, and cook until the liquid forms a glaze.)