Mango Upside-Down Cake
Serves 12-16| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 box yellow cake
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 7 large ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 350º F. Grease a 10-by-10-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil, along with the amount of water called for by the package directions. Beat until well combined.
- Pour the butter into the bottom of the prepared pan and sprinkle evenly with the sugar. Spread the mangoes evenly over the sugar, then pour the batter over the mangoes. Place in oven and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes. Unmold onto a serving dish with a lip (to contain the juices).
- Per Serving
- Calories 412
- Calcium 86mg
- Carbohydrate 71g
- Cholesterol 55mg
- Fat 14g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 4mg
- Sat Fat 4g
- Sodium 271mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Buy organic: The grains that dairy cows eat can be treated with chemicals, which have a residual presence in milk and dairy products.