- 1 lemon
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 small chicken thighs
- 4 small chicken drumsticks
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 1-quart resealable plastic freezer bags
- Freeze It: Slice the lemon into rounds. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes and their liquid, lemon, thyme, and capers. Divide them among the 4 plastic freezer bags.
- Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add 1 leg and 1 thigh to each bag. Freeze, for up to 3 months, until ready to cook.
- Cook It: Heat oven to 400° F. Remove the bags of chicken and tomatoes from the freezer (you’ll need 1 bag of chicken and tomatoes for each serving). Empty the contents of each bag into a baking dish. Drizzle with the oil, using 1 1/2 teaspoons for each serving. (For 4 servings, use 2 tablespoons oil.)
- Roast until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 50 minutes.