Macaroni and Cheese
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the macaroni according to the package directions. Drain well, return to pot, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Sauté the jalapeño for 1 minute, then add the flour. Cook for 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in the milk and heat to boiling.
- Add the mustard and cheeses and stir until smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the macaroni and toss. Heat to warm through.
- Per Serving
- Calories 481
- Calcium 370mg
- Carbohydrate 57g
- Cholesterol 52mg
- Fat 18g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 22mg
- Sat Fat 11g
- Sodium 364mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve the macaroni and cheese with broccoli sautéed in butter and garlic and tossed with halved cherry tomatoes.