- 1pound elbow macaroni
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1cup milk
- 1tablespoon coarse-grain mustard
- 1/2pound extra-sharp Cheddar, grated (2 cups)
- 1/4cup Parmesan, grated
- Cook the macaroni according to the package directions. Drain well, return to pot, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Sauté the jalapeño for 1 minute, then add the flour. Cook for 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in the milk and heat to boiling.
- Add the mustard and cheeses and stir until smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the macaroni and toss. Heat to warm through.