Apricot-Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 48 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet or milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots (about 20 whole)
- 5 ounces macadamia nuts, chopped (1 cup)
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix). Fold in the chocolate chips, apricots, and nuts.
- Drop mounds of the dough (about 2 tablespoons each) 3 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until golden brown, 14 to 16 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 cookie
- Calories 173
- Fat 10g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 19mg
- Sodium 63mg
- Protein 2g
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Sugar 12g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 12mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .