Makes 48 cookies
all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
(3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
packed light brown sugar
pure vanilla extract
semisweet or milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
chopped dried apricots (about 20 whole)
macadamia nuts, chopped (1 cup)
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix). Fold in the chocolate chips, apricots, and nuts.
- Drop mounds of the dough (about 2 tablespoons each) 3 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until golden brown, 14 to 16 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.