Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until absorbed.
- Add half the broth (1 ¾ cups) and simmer, stirring once, until absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining broth and simmer, stirring once, until the rice is tender and creamy, 8 to 10 minutes. (If the rice is not cooked through and the mixture is dry, add more broth and continue to cook until tender.)
- Stir in the Parmesan and the remaining tablespoon of butter. Sprinkle with the parsley and additional Parmesan, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 217
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 37mg
- Sodium 616mg
- Protein 11g
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 213mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Feeling fancy? Before adding the Parmesan, fold in 1 pound quartered mushrooms sautéed in olive oil.