Low-Fat Fettuccine Alfredo
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, stalk peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- kosher salt
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the broccoli until tender, 3 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the milk and butter in a large saucepan over low heat and slowly whisk in the flour. Simmer until slightly thickened, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and ½ teaspoon salt. Add the pasta and broccoli and cook, stirring, over low heat until heated through.
- Top each serving with extra Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 445
- Calcium 312mg
- Carbohydrate 72g
- Cholesterol 23mg
- Fat 9g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 22mg
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 568mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
This creamy sauce works just as well with spaghetti or linguine.