- 1pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/3cup grated Parmesan
- 1/8teaspoon ground nutmeg
- kosher salt
- 1/3cup bread crumbs
- 1/3cup whole milk
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
- In a large bowl, gently combine the beef, egg, Parmesan, nutmeg, and ¾ teaspoon salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and milk. Let stand until absorbed, about 3 minutes. Add to the beef.
- Add the spinach to the beef and mix gently. Shape into 20 meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Brown the meatballs, about 7 minutes.
- Add the sauce and simmer for 6 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.