- 4 large sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- green salad, for serving
- Heat oven to 400° F. Rub the sweet potatoes with the canola oil and season with ¼ teaspoon salt. Bake on a rimmed baking sheet until tender, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Split the potatoes open lengthwise and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Top the potatoes with the avocado, pecans, parsley, and cheese.
- Serve with the salad.