Linguine With Zucchini and Chickpeas
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water, drain, and return the pasta to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Cook the zucchini, tossing often, until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, garlic, and red pepper and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the reserved pasta water and ¼ cup of the Parmesan.
- Divide the pasta among bowls and top with the zucchini mixture and the remaining ¼ cup of Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 507
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 697mg
- Protein 21g
- Carbohydrate 74g
- Fiber 5g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For a tasty room-temperature salad for cookouts and picnics, substitute penne or farfalle for the linguine. Let the pasta cool, then toss it with the vegetables and Parmesan (omit the pasta water).