linguine (3/4 box)
small zucchini, cut into thin half-moons
15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
cloves garlic, sliced
crushed red pepper
grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water, drain, and return the pasta to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Cook the zucchini, tossing often, until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, garlic, and red pepper and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the reserved pasta water and ¼ cup of the Parmesan.
- Divide the pasta among bowls and top with the zucchini mixture and the remaining ¼ cup of Parmesan.