- 4pounds tomatoes
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1pound linguine
- 1cup fresh basil
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes, reserving the juices. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes break down and the sauce thickens, 45 to 50 minutes.
- When the sauce has 20 minutes left to cook, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Add the sauce and basil and toss to combine.