- 6 slices bacon
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced (4 to 5 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 1-pound package linguine, cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel, then crumble or break into pieces; set aside. Drain all but about 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat from the skillet.
- Add the squash and garlic to the skillet and sauté over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the broth and salt. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the squash is cooked through and softened, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add half the goat cheese and stir well to combine. Place the cooked linguine in a large bowl. Stir the sauce into the linguine and toss well to coat. Drizzle with the olive oil and add the reserved bacon, the remaining goat cheese, and the pepper. Serve immediately.