Linguine With Red Wine Bolognese Sauce
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, crumbling with a spoon, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until the liquid has nearly evaporated, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the milk, tomatoes, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, return it to the pot, and toss with the sauce. Serve with the Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 795Calories From Fat 211
- Fat 23g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 81mg
- Sodium 1,288mg
- Protein 45g
- Carbohydrate 94g
- Sugar 12g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 7mg
- Calcium 299mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Shop for ground beef with 20 percent fat (often labeled 80/20) and a bright red color—browning indicates the meat is not fresh.