- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1pound ground chuck
- 1cup dry red wine
- 3/4cup whole milk
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/8teaspoon ground nutmeg
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1pound linguine
- 1/2cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, crumbling with a spoon, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until the liquid has nearly evaporated, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the milk, tomatoes, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, return it to the pot, and toss with the sauce. Serve with the Parmesan.