- 1 pound thin linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, cut in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- several sprigs fresh basil (about 14 leaves)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the butter, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan. Remove from heat.
- Add the basil. Toss the warm pasta with the sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.