Linguine with Garlic and Soybeans
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 12 ounces linguine
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 anchovy fillets or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 12-ounce bag shelled edamame (soybeans), thawed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino or Parmesan (optional)
- Cook the linguine according to the package directions; drain and return to the pot.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the garlic in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper flakes and anchovies and cook until the anchovies are dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Add the edamame and broth. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer until the edamame are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the edamame mixture to the pasta and toss until combined. Stir in the parsley and remaining oil. Sprinkle with the cheese, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 533Calories From Fat 25%
- Calcium 93mg
- Carbohydrate 76g
- Cholesterol 3mg
- Fat 15g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 5mg
- Protein 23mg
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 1465mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .