cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
red pepper flakes
anchovy fillets or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
12-ounce bag shelled edamame (soybeans), thawed
Italian parsley, finely chopped
grated pecorino or Parmesan (optional)
- Cook the linguine according to the package directions; drain and return to the pot.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the garlic in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper flakes and anchovies and cook until the anchovies are dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Add the edamame and broth. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer until the edamame are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the edamame mixture to the pasta and toss until combined. Stir in the parsley and remaining oil. Sprinkle with the cheese, if desired.