- 1 pound linguine
- 1 6-ounce bottle clam juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds
- 2 6 1/2-ounce cans minced clams
- 18 small hard-shell clams, such as littlenecks, scrubbed clean
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook linguine to al dente according to the package directions. Drain and toss with the clam juice. Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil, garlic, crushed red pepper, and anise seeds in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté until the garlic is golden but not browned.
- Add the canned clams, fresh clams in their shells, and wine. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until the clams in shells open. Remove them and set aside.
- Add the parsley and reduce heat to low. Add the linguine and toss. Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl. Top with the clams in shells.