extra-virgin olive oil
clove garlic, thinly sliced
beefsteak tomatoes, diced
dry white wine
red pepper flakes
clams (such as littleneck or Manila), rinsed
fresh tarragon, chopped
crusty bread (optional)
- Cook the linguine according to the package directions. Drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring. Add the tomatoes, wine, red pepper, and ¾ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the clams, cover, and cook until they open, 5 to 7 minutes. Discard any unopened clams.
- Add the clams and sauce to the pot with the linguine and stir.
- Divide among individual bowls and top with the tarragon. Serve with crusty bread, if desired.