- 1pound dried linguine
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 beefsteak tomatoes, diced
- 1cup dry white wine
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- 20 clams (such as littleneck or Manila), rinsed
- 1/4cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- crusty bread (optional)
- Cook the linguine according to the package directions. Drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring. Add the tomatoes, wine, red pepper, and ¾ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the clams, cover, and cook until they open, 5 to 7 minutes. Discard any unopened clams.
- Add the clams and sauce to the pot with the linguine and stir.
- Divide among individual bowls and top with the tarragon. Serve with crusty bread, if desired.