slices bacon, diced
clove garlic, finely diced
bunch broccoli rabe, ends trimmed and stalks cut into 1-inch pieces
14.5-ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
corn kernels, fresh (from 2 ears) or frozen
unsalted butter (optional)
(2 ounces) grated Parmesan
- Cook the linguine according to the package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, over medium heat, fry the bacon until crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel. Spoon off and reserve all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
- Add the garlic and broccoli rabe to the pan and toss. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the broccoli rabe is tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the corn, salt, pepper, and either the reserved drippings or butter.
- Add the linguine and toss. Heat until warmed through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bacon and toss.