Linguine With Artichokes and Leeks
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium leeks (white and light green parts only), halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 12-ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts in oil, drained and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook until soft but not browned, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Remove the leeks; set aside.
- Add the artichokes to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes per side.
- Return the leeks to the skillet and toss with the artichokes. Stir in the lemon juice, 3 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Add the vegetables to the pasta and toss with half the Parmesan. Add some reserved cooking water to moisten, if necessary.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Per Serving
- Calories 611Calories From Fat 151
- Fat 17g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 1,783mg
- Protein 23g
- Carbohydrate 94g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 249mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .