Lime and Soy-Glazed Chicken With Cabbage Slaw
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces
- 1/4 head red cabbage, thinly sliced (4 cups)
- 2 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, stir together the sugar, soy sauce, and 3 tablespoons of the lime juice; add the chicken and turn to coat. Roast, skin-side down, until the sauce is simmering, about 10 minutes. Turn the chicken skin-side up and roast, basting occasionally, until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the cabbage, carrots, scallions, and mint with the ginger, canola oil, sesame oil, the remaining 3 tablespoons of lime juice, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the chicken.
- Per Serving
- Calories 474
- Fat 23g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 138mg
- Sodium 867mg
- Protein 45g
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Sugar 14g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 93mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin from the ginger root before chopping.