Lettuce, Orange, and Pecan Salad
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 heads Bibb or Boston lettuce, rinsed and torn
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced into thin circles
- 3/4 cup (about 3 ounces) toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the lettuce, oranges, pecans, and goat cheese (if using) in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, shallot, oil, salt, and pepper. Add to the salad and toss. Divide among individual salad plates.
- Per Serving
- Calories 159.85Calories From Fat 80%
- Calcium 45.13mg
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 14.25g
- Fiber 2.46g
- Iron 1.15mg
- Protein 2.17mg
- Sat Fat 1.56g
- Sodium 73.87mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The lettuce, oranges, shallots, pecans, and vinaigrette can be prepared and refrigerated, separately, up to 1 day in advance. Dress and toss the salad just before serving.