- 3 heads Bibb or Boston lettuce, rinsed and torn
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced into thin circles
- 3/4cup (about 3 ounces) toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- 4ounces goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1/4cup orange juice
- 1tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- Place the lettuce, oranges, pecans, and goat cheese (if using) in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, shallot, oil, salt, and pepper. Add to the salad and toss. Divide among individual salad plates.