- 1cup long-grain white rice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2 15-ounce canned lentils, drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- kosher salt
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the scallion whites and onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the lentils, tomato, and 1 teaspoon salt and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and parsley. Serve the lentil mixture over the rice.