cloves garlic, chopped
low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
brown lentils, picked over and rinsed
small red-skinned potatoes, quartered
turkey kielbasa, diced
fresh lemon juice
small bunch arugula or watercress, tough stems removed; coarsely chopped
kosher salt and black pepper
crumbled Feta cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the broth, bay leaf, and lentils and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, cover, and cook until the potatoes and lentils are tender but not mushy, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the kielbasa in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown on both sides. Set aside and keep warm.
- When the stew is cooked, stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, arugula, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Divide the stew among bowls and top each with the kielbasa and Feta.