- 4tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1teaspoon curry powder
- 4cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2cups brown lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 10 small red-skinned potatoes, quartered
- 1/2pound turkey kielbasa, diced
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small bunch arugula or watercress, tough stems removed; coarsely chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2cup crumbled Feta cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the broth, bay leaf, and lentils and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, cover, and cook until the potatoes and lentils are tender but not mushy, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the kielbasa in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown on both sides. Set aside and keep warm.
- When the stew is cooked, stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, arugula, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Divide the stew among bowls and top each with the kielbasa and Feta.