- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 12 ounces kielbasa, sliced
- 2 cups French or green lentils
- kosher salt and black pepper
- fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the celery, carrots, onion, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the kielbasa, lentils, 8 cups water, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm sprinkled with the parsley.