- 1 10-ounce box couscous (1 1/2 cups)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil.
- Stir in the couscous and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cover and let sit off heat for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork before serving.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and scallions and cook for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until they begin to turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, parsley, lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the couscous.