box couscous (1 1/2 cups)
kosher salt and black pepper
cloves garlic, chopped
medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
can cannellini beans, rinsed
fresh flat-leaf parsley
fresh lemon juice
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil.
- Stir in the couscous and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cover and let sit off heat for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork before serving.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and scallions and cook for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until they begin to turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, parsley, lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the couscous.