Lemony Shrimp Salad With Couscous
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup couscous
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 pound snap peas, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest, plus 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Place the couscous in a large bowl. Add 1 cup very hot tap water and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, snap peas, tomatoes, basil, scallions, oil, lemon zest and juice, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and toss to combine. Serve over the couscous.
- Per Serving
- Calories 453
- Fat 11g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 259mg
- Sodium 748mg
- Protein 43g
- Carbohydrate 46g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 171mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
This quick dish is best made just before serving: If the shrimp sit too long in the lemon juice, they will begin to break down and become mealy.